Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you and fills your schedule? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country. We’re looking for highly-skilled craftsman who will take excellent care of our customers.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team members.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- A back office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
Your Responsibilities as a Remodeling Professional
- Completing remodeling & repairs - You’ll be completing small to medium remodeling jobs for home and commercial projects. The project length can range from one to several days.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to self-manage as you’ll be alone often.
- You’ll need to speak with customers and provide excellent customer service while asking for reviews and collecting payments.
- You’ll need to have the necessary tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within the area
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a paid remodeler
- Own your own tools
- Valid drivers license
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Professional appearance
As an experienced remodeler, you should have strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Tile setting
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting, both inside and out
- Drywall work, minor repairs
- General plumbing and electrical
- Floor installation and refurbishing
- Familiar with building codes
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $50,000 to $70,000 and is dependent on your experience as a professional remodeler as well as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
Should you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
You are applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.