Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own van?
Would you like to be part of an organization where you have a company van and you never have to use your own money to buy materials for customer jobs?
At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of maintenance technicians so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country.
We are looking for skilled carpenters who care for our clients by repairing, installing, updating, or building according to the customers’ needs.
Mr. Handyman has a well-earned reputation for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We make this commitment because we only hire the best and we are committed to caring for all of our team members.
When you join the team at Mr. Handyman, you get so much more than a job you get a career you can be proud of, support of teammates, and industry-leading software / hardware to streamline your process.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team as a maintenance technician.
- Company-supplied van with fuel card
- An office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- A customer service team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the clients
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support using our software system, Service Titan
Benefits & Pay for the Maintenance Technician
- The hourly wage ranges from $26 to $35 depending upon experience, and expertise in various skills including carpentry, drywall, electrical, tile, and plumbing.
- Company Vehicle
- Health insurance, dental, and vision plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Pay
Things You Need to Know Before You Apply as a Maintenance Technician:
- You should have at least 10 years of paid, professional experience as a carpenter.
- You’ll need to have experience with carpentry, drywall, plumbing, and electrical.
- You need comprehensive experience. We don’t always know what our clients need before we get there, so you need to be confident that you can do the job.
- You must have all the tools for doing various kinds of maintenance and repair work.
Your Responsibilities as a Maintenance Technician
- Complete Repairs & Maintenance - You will perform small to medium projects for both residential and commercial clients.
- Manage Customer Expectations and Make Recommendations - You will communicate with clients to help them understand what needs to be done. You will manage expectations about the scope of work and the associated costs.
- Establish Long-Term Customers - Deliver a terrific experience that builds life-long, repeat clients. By following the Mr. Handyman Way, you will have a repeatable process that makes it easy to impress the customer every time.
What We Want from Our Maintenance Technicians
- We communicate to cooperate - Operating as a team requires constant communication
- We exceed expectations - Our goal is to under promise and over deliver with each other and with our clients
- We invest in each other’s success - Whenever we help our team members, their success elevates the team
Committed to our vision:
- We are building a self-reliant team, developing our next generation of leadership, and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees and our customers.
Shares our ideals:
- Always in pursuit of excellence - continuous improvement
- Values personal and professional integrity
- Embraces a sense of belonging - being part of a team and a community
This is NOT for you if . . .
- You always need someone tell you what to do. (You need to manage yourself as an experienced carpenter).
- You don’t like being alone. (This role involves working alone often).
- You don’t like invoicing or collecting payment.
- You don’t like asking customers to rate the job. (You should be confident in the quality of your work).
- You don’t have the necessary tools. (We want you to bring the tools and skills that you’ve developed as a paid professional carpenter).
- Using an iPad scares you. (We have modern technology for an efficient process).
- You can’t take notes about the work you’ve done. (Good documentation is important for communication with both the client and the office).
- You like wrapping up a job at 2pm and heading home early instead of heading to the next job. (This is a full-time career, not a part-time job).
- You are too proud to wear the booties. (Our professional carpenters wear their uniform with pride and show respect for customers’ property).
Job Requirements for the Maintenance Technician
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within the area
- Have 10+ years’ experience as a professional carpenter
- Own your own tools
- Able to safely work at heights and work overhead for extended periods of time
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Be willing to undergo a background check, driving record check, and drug test
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Exhibit a professional appearance
- Properly maintain a company-assigned vehicle
As an experienced carpenter, you have expertise in at least four (4) of the following:
- Wood rot repair and replacement
- Minor plumbing
- Drywall finishing (repair, mud & tape)
- Minor electrical
- Window and door replacement
- Bathroom or kitchen remodeling
- Floor installation and repair
- Ceramic tile installation
We have presented a lot of information here and because we only want to hire the best. If you
believe that describes you, please apply today. Our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
Pay: $26 to $35/hour
Service Titan</li></ul><p><br></p><p><strong>Benefits & Pay for the Maintenance Technician</strong></p><p><br></p><ul><li>The hourly wage ranges from $26 to $35 depending upon experience
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOGGR_AA352586-EB19-4E51-995F-5B3E7583FD05_22037749