Home Repair Professional
Are you ready to join a team that answers all
customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own
van? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of handyman professionals so we can
continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance
companies in the country. We’re looking for highly-skilled craftsman who can
"do it all" while taking excellent care of our customers.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service,
quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment
because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team
When you join the Mr. Handyman team, you get
so much more than a job you get a career you can be proud of, and the support
of industry-leading software and business systems.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll
receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- Company-supplied van with gas
- A back office that takes care
- of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all
- calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you
- can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology
- support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
- And so much more
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman
- Completing Maintenance &
- Repairs - You’ll be completing small
- to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects.
- The project length can range from two hours to two days.
- Making Recommendations and
- Managing Expectations with
- Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them
- understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the
- scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long
- repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a
- repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure
your performance in the role.
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS) - For every job, you will encourage customers to
- complete a survey for them to rate their satisfaction with the
- service. You’ll need both a high response rate and high satisfaction
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to
- stay there and find additional ways to be of service to the customer.
- Effective Billing Rate - It’s your responsibility to invoice appropriately,
- source any needed materials, and collect payment from the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The
- work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to self-manage as
- you’ll be alone often.
- You’ll need to speak with
- customers and provide excellent customer service while asking for reviews
- and collecting payments.
- You’ll need to have the
- necessary tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job
- while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
- You’ll need to wear proper PPE
- as well as booties to protect our customer’s home.
These are the minimum requirements to be
considered for this position.
- Live within the area
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a
- paid handyman
- Own your own tools
- Be insurable for driving our
- Complete a background and
- driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to safely work at heights
- and work overheard for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance and
- maintenance of company-provided vehicle
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong
proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Carpentry work
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting, both inside and out
- Drywall work, minor and major
- General plumbing and
- electrical, where allowed by law
- Floor installation and
- Familiar with building codes
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $35,000 to $50,000 and is dependent on your experience as a professional handyman as well as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as
carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
Still with us? Great!
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best.
If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!
Should you meet the requirements for the
position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV
LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only
employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely
responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among
franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOKV_A5D60822-BD91-4F7E-A901-A635B5D39FA8_22057117