Home Maintenance Professional
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- Company-supplied van with gas card
- A back office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
- And so much more
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Professional
- Completing Maintenance & Repairs - You’ll be completing small to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects. The project length can range from two hours to two days.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure your performance in the role.
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS) - For every job, you will encourage customers to complete a survey for them to rate their satisfaction with the service. You’ll need both a high response rate and high satisfaction rate.
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to stay there and find additional ways to be of service to the customer.
- Effective Billing Rate - It’s your responsibility to invoice appropriately, source any needed materials, and collect payment from the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
What We Want From You
- Culture alignment
- Rockstars only
- Bought into the vision
- Meets our expectations, which are]
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to self-manage as you’ll be alone often.
- You’ll need to have the necessary tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
- You’ll need to wear proper PPE as well as booties to protect our customer’s home.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within the area
- Have 2+ years’ experience as a paid handyman
- Own your own hand tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights and work overheard for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance and maintenance of company-provided vehicle
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Carpentry work
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting, both inside and out
- Drywall work, minor and major repairs
- General plumbing and electrical, where allowed by law
- Floor installation and refurbishing
- Familiar with building codes
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $20.00 to $40.00 (Commission pay structure is available as well) and is dependent on your experience as a professional handyman as well as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
Other Benefits Include:
Paid time off
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Retirement Plans (company matched)
Still with us? Great!
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!