Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own
van? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of handyman professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country. We’re looking for highly-skilled craftsman who can
"do it all" while taking excellent care of our customers.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team members.
When you join the Mr. Handyman team, you get so much more than a job you get a career you can be proud of, and the support of industry-leading software and business systems.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- Company-supplied van with gas card
- A back office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
- And so much more
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Professional
- Completing Maintenance & Repairs - You’ll be completing small to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects. The project length can range from two hours to multiple days.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done an manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure your performance in the role.
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS) - For every job, you will encourage customers to complete a survey for them to rate their satisfaction with the service. You’ll need both a high response rate and high satisfaction rate.
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to stay there and find additional ways to be of service to the customer.
- Effective Billing Rate - It’s your responsibility to invoice appropriately, source any needed materials, and collect payment from the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
What We Want From You
- An honest days’ work for an honest days’ pay
- Excellent communication to both customers, office staff, and other service professionals
- Safety and customer service "top of mind"
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to self-manage as you’ll be alone often.
- You’ll need to speak with customers and provide excellent customer service while asking for reviews and collecting payments.
- You’ll need to have the necessary tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
- You'll need to be honest and have a dedication to excellence
- You'll need to be safety minded at all times
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within our dedicated territory
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a paid handyman
- Own your own tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights up to 25'
- Work overheard for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong proficiency in at least four(4) of the following:
- Carpentry work
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting, both inside and out
- Drywall work, minor and major repairs
- General plumbing and electrical, where allowed by law
- Floor installation and refurbishing
- Familiar with building codes
- Door replacement installation
- Gutter and siding repairs
- Deck repair and maintenance
- Toilet repair and installation
- Cabinet installation
- Tile installation
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $21.00 to $30.00 and is dependent on your experience as a professional handyman as well
as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
We provide company paid dental, vision, 401(K), paid vacation, weekends off and uniforms.
Still with us? Great!
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!
Should you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
You are applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOSMAE_73ACA227-B2C0-461C-9B75-15D5B08D08FB_22049906