Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own van? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of handyman professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country. We’re looking for skilled craftsman who can "do it all" while taking excellent care of our customers.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- Company-supplied van with gas card
- An office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Professional
- Completing Maintenance & Repairs - You’ll be completing small to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects. The project length can range from two hours to two days.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure your performance in the role.
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to stay there and find additional ways to be of service to the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to speak with customers and provide excellent customer service while asking for reviews and collecting payments.
- You’ll need to have the necessary tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a paid handyman
- Own your own tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights and work overheard for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance and maintenance of company-provided vehicle
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Carpentry work
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting, both inside and out
- Drywall work, minor and major repairs
- General plumbing and electrical, where allowed by law
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $1,000 to $1,350 per week and is dependent on your experience as a professional handyman as well as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Benefits and Wellness Program
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!
You are applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOLPASF_0710716E-25B6-4C53-B46E-3B8AFE622612_22056894