Handyman / Estimator
Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own van? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of handyman professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country. We’re looking for highly-skilled craftsman who can "do it all" while taking excellent care of our customers.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team members.
When you join the Mr. Handyman team, you get so much more than a job you get a career you can be proud of, and the support of industry-leading software and business systems.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- Company-supplied van with gas card
- A staffed office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An staffed office that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
- And so much more
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Professional
- Completing Maintenance & Repairs - You’ll be completing small to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects. The average project length ranges from two hours to two days or more.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure your performance in the role.
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS score) - For every job, you will encourage customers to complete a survey for them to rate their satisfaction with the service. You’ll need both a high response rate and high satisfaction rate.
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to discuss with the customer the time and materials needed to complete the job, complete the work, and move on to the next job.
- Effective Billing Rate - It’s your responsibility to invoice appropriately and accurately, source any needed materials, and collect payment from the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
What We Want From You
- To be the expert in multiple trade skill areas
- To be a problem solver for our customers
- To understand, believe in, and abide by the Mr. Handyman values
- Be a team player but also someone who enjoys working independently most of the time
To Succeed in this Role
- You'll need to be experienced and efficient in multiple trade/skill areas.
- You'll need to be able to accurately estimate the time and materials needed to complete a job.
- You’ll need to self-manage as you’ll be alone often.
- You’ll need to effectively communicate with customers and provide excellent customer service along with asking for reviews and collecting payments.
- You’ll need to have the necessary tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
- You’ll need to wear proper PPE as well as booties to protect our customer’s home.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within our service area in New Jersey.
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a paid handyman
- Own your own tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights and work overheard for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance and maintenance of company-provided vehicle and equipment
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong proficiency in at least four (4) of the following:
- Carpentry work (rough and finish)
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting (both inside and out)
- Drywall work (both minor repairs and new installation)
- Basic plumbing (replacement of faucets, drains, sinks, etc.)
- Basic electrical (replacement of outlets, GFCI outlets, lighting fixtures, smoke detectors, etc.)
- Basic masonry (repairs / patching)
- Ceramic tile (floors, shower walls, backsplashes)
- Flooring installation (especially laminate and vinyl plank)
- Familiar with basic building codes
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $55,000 to $60,000 and is dependent on your experience as a professional handyman in efficiently completing home / commercial repair and maintenance projects involving carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting and other skills as needed.
- Van that you take home with you.
- Credit card for purchasing fuel and job materials.
- You go directly to your job(s) each day, not to the office.
- Most of your work would be in Gloucester and Salem County.
- Uniform- Shirts, Jacket
- 6 paid holidays
- 6 paid vacation days
Still with us? Great!
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!
Should you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
You are applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOWSAS_6FA873E9-D827-4631-A1C7-F6675C55F925_22069297