Customer Service / Handyman / Remodeling office
Compensation: Customer service representatives are paid on an hourly basis. Range $18-$20 per hour.
Role: The customer service representative's (CSR) prime function is receiving customer calls and leads, schedule handyman jobs, dispatch jobs to technicians, liaise with technicians, process jobs and invoices, and manage customer relations.
Whenever there is downtime between phone activity, the CSR needs to be able to assist with office administrative functions like billing/invoicing, marketing and customer retention efforts.
Qualifications: The qualifications for employment as a CSR do not require technical expertise or carpentry experience. A background of exposure to construction or other home service trades would be preferred but is not mandatory.
Successful Mr Handyman employment is based on a number of factors. A customer service rep should be cooperative and have the proper temperament and attitude. They should be people with integrity, possess an air of authority and calmness while being able to motivate employees, competence, and self-esteem. They should be dependable.
The most important aspect of the customer service representative’s job is the ability to favorably demonstrate the characteristics customers equate with "professionalism." This strategy is far more important than the technical aspects of the service because it is the key element that distinguishes Mr Handyman from its competitors.
The CSR will have significant contact with customers and should therefore possess the following characteristics:
- Effective phone-based communication with customers and fellow employees
- Thoroughness and consistency - do what you say you are going to do
- Empathy and ability to listen to the customer’s situation
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service demeanor
The CSR will also possess the following characteristics:
Follow processes: The CSR must follow the office processes and procedures to ensure a consistent execution of the role.
Language proficiency. Employees must read, write, speak and comprehend enough English and cultural slang to effectively deliver and manage the Mr Handyman service strategy as customer contact professionals.
Computer proficiency. The CSR must be familiar with basic computer operations and have experience with browsers, online applications, spreadsheets, and internet phones/headsets.
Office and organizational skills: The CSR must possess basic organizational, clerical, administrative, planning and organizational skills.
POTENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of a CSR consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and maintain the job schedules and communicate any changes to the schedule to the appropriate service technician as required.
- Create and maintain all customer records as required.
- Complete the sales lead control for all incoming calls from customers.
- Check in on all service technicians at the end of day.
- Answer prospects’ questions on the telephone and via message and email.
- Handle customer inquiries.
- Send out follow-up communication to prospects as appropriate.
- Coordinate and document all communication affecting customers, employees or suppliers.
- Telephone contact with customers, to follow up on customer surveys, service calls, and complaints.
Work conditions: We are committed to providing safe work conditions. The work will be performed in a home office environment along with other people.
Work hours: Full time
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOSA_BB8D2FAC-B105-45CA-86B6-A18FEECF66B8_22038336