Carpentry and Handyman Apprentice
At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of handyman professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected commercial and residential repair and maintenance companies in the country. We’re looking for a craftsman with some experience willing to help and learn from Senior Service Professionals.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team members.
When you join the Mr. Handyman team, you get so much more than a job you get a career you can be proud of, and the support of industry-leading software and business systems.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- Use of company vehicles, tools, trailers and equipment
- A back office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
- And so much more
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Apprentice
- Completing Maintenance & Repairs - You’ll be assisting lead technicians by completing small to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects. The project length can range from two hours to two days.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
What We Want From You
- A want to meet and exceed customers' expectations.
- Pride in workmanship.
- Team player.
- Willingness to learn.
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to work well with customers and other employees.
- You’ll need to speak with customers and communicate with the office staff clearly.
- You’ll need to have some tools, including the ability to use technology.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
- You’ll need to wear proper PPE as well as booties to protect our customer’s home.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within the area
- Have basic tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights and work overhead for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance and maintenance of company-provided vehicle
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $17 to $20 per hour and is dependent on your experience in the trades.
Benefits include use of company vehicles, health, retirement, vacation, holiday pay and more.
Should you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
You are applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOGC_4F4F71B5-3AB1-4401-A4ED-89D34A9524E7_22037747