Carpenter Handyman Drywall
We’re looking for highly-skilled craftsman who can "do it all" while taking excellent care of our customers. Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own van? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team members. When you join the Mr. Handyman team, you get so much more than a job You get a career you can be proud of, and the support of industry-leading software and business systems.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team:
- Company-supplied van with gas card
- Competitive pay with bonus opportunities
- A back office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- An office team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the customers
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art internal system, ServiceTitan
- Uniforms and a tool allowance to add to and upgrade your own tools
- No Nights and Weekends
- And so much more
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Professional
- Completing Maintenance, Repairs & Improvements - You’ll be completing small to medium projects for home and business customers. Most project lengths will range from two hours to two days.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure your performance in the role.
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS) - For every job, you will encourage customers to complete a survey for them to rate their satisfaction with the service. You’ll need both a high response rate and high satisfaction rate.
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to stay there and find additional ways to be of service to the customer.
- Effective Billing - It’s your responsibility to invoice appropriately, source any needed materials, and collect payment from the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
What We Want From You
- Honesty and integrity above all
- Open and regular communication with our office staff
- Positive attitude and great with customers
- A team player who is willing to help others
- Receptive to feedback and willing to give feedback too
To Succeed in this Role
- You’ll need to self-manage as you’ll be alone often.
- You’ll need to speak with customers and provide excellent customer service while asking for reviews and collecting payments.
- You’ll need to have the necessary tools.
- You'll need to document the job while following our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
- You’ll need to wear proper PPE when requested as well as booties to protect our customer’s home.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live near our service area of Western Suffolk County
- Have 10+ years’ of paid experience in this field
- Have your own day to day tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicles
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights and work overhead
- Professional appearance and maintenance of company-provided vehicle
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Finish carpentry
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Drywall work installation and repairs
- Light plumbing and electrical
- Floor installation
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $32 to $40+ per hour and is dependent on your experience as a professional handyman as well as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
You will be given a clear pathway to earn more each week through commissions and weekly bonuses. For those who consistently perform well, they will also be eligible for larger, quarterly bonuses too. If you work work hard and follow the system, you will be able to be in complete control of your compensation.
We all know one day you will be ready to retire and we want to help you save for when that time comes. Retirement plans are offered after an initial probationary period.
We also offer Paid holidays and Vacation time each year.
Still with us? Great!
Remember, we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, APPLY TODAY!
Should you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
You are applying to work for a franchise owner of Mr. Handyman, not Mr. Handyman SPV LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchise owner will be your only employer. Franchise owners are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchise owners. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.