Carpenter / Handyman / Remodeler
Are you ready to join a team that answers all customer calls for you, fills your schedule, and provides you with your own van? At Mr. Handyman we’re growing our team of handyman professionals so we can continue to be one of the most well-respected home repair and maintenance companies in the country.
We’re looking for highly-skilled craftsman who can "do it all" while taking excellent care of our customers.
Mr. Handyman is known for exceptional service, quality work, and our "Done Right Promise." We stand behind this commitment because we only hire the best and work hard to take care of all our team members.
When you join the Mr. Handyman team, you get so much more than a job you get a career you can be proud of, and the support of industry-leading software and business systems.
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when joining the Mr. Handyman team.
- Company-supplied van with gas card
- An office that takes care of filling your schedule, so you don’t have to
- A customer service team that answers all calls and helps you take care of the clients
- Flexibility with hours so you can take care of life’s important events
- Your own iPad and technology support for using our state-of-the-art system, Service Titan
There are a few things you’ll need to know before you apply.
- We’re only looking to hire home repair and maintenance professionals with at least 8 years of paid, professional experience. If you don’t have at least 8 years’ experience doing this type of work, please don’t apply for this position.
- You’ll need to have experience with carpentry, drywall, electrical, and plumbing.
- You can’t be afraid to take on new types of work. We don’t always know what our customers need before we get onsite, and you’ll need to be confident you can help them.
- You MUST have your own tools for doing various kinds of home repair and maintenance work.
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need to follow our process, the Mr. Handyman Way, as it’s what our customers have come to expect.
Your Responsibilities as a Handyman Professional
- Completing Maintenance & Repairs - You’ll be completing small to medium maintenance and repairs for home and commercial projects. The project length can range from two hours to two days.
- Making Recommendations and Managing Expectations with Customers - You’ll communicate with customers to help them understand what they need to have done and manage expectations about the scope of work and costs.
- Create Life-Long Customers - Deliver a great experience that wows life-long repeat customers. You will follow the Mr. Handyman Way - a repeatable process that makes it easy to wow the customer every time.
How We’ll Measure Performance
Here are some of the ways that we’ll measure your performance in the role.
- Customer Satisfaction (NPS) - For every job, you will encourage customers to complete a survey for them to rate their satisfaction with the service. You’ll need both a high response rate and high satisfaction rate.
- Revenue Target - Our office gets you in the door and it’s your job to stay there and find additional ways to be of service to the customer.
- Effective Billing Rate - It’s your responsibility to invoice appropriately, source any needed materials, and collect payment from the customer.
- Recall Percentage - We guarantee all our work for one year. The work needs to be done correctly, the first time.
What we want from you
- Culture alignment:
- We communicate to cooperate
- We exceed expectations
- We invest in each other’s success
- Bought into the vision:
- We are building a self-reliant team, developing our next generation of leadership, and making a positive impact in the lives of our employees and our customers.
- Meets our expectations:
- Commitment to excellence
- Sense of community
This is NOT for you if . . .
- You need to have someone tell you what to do. (You will need to self-manage yourself for this role.)
- You don’t like being alone. (The nature of this work means you will often be on the job by yourself.)
- You don’t like invoicing or collecting payments. (It’s part of the job to collect payment when you’re still on site.)
- You don’t like asking customers to rate the job. (You should be confident in the quality customer service and work you provide.)
- You don’t have the necessary tools. (We want you to bring the tools and skills that you’ve developed while being a paid professional handyman.)
- The thought of using an iPad scares you. (We utilize modern technology and train our employees to use it.)
- You can’t stand taking notes about the work you’re doing. (Good written skills are important for communication both to the customer and for the office.)
- You like wrapping up a job at 2pm and heading home early instead of heading to the next job. (This is a full-time career, not a part-time gig.)
- You are too proud to wear the booties. (Our technicians wear their uniform with pride and don’t mind doing what’s necessary to show respect for customers’ homes.)
- You don’t want to follow our process, the Mr. Handyman Way.
These are the minimum requirements to be considered for this position.
- Live within the area
- Have 8+ years’ experience as a paid handyman
- Own your own tools
- Be insurable for driving our vehicle
- Complete a background and driving record check
- Able to lift 50 pounds independently
- Able to safely work at heights and work overhead for extended periods of time
- Professional appearance and maintenance of company-provided vehicle
As an experienced Handyman, you have strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Carpentry work
- Bathroom improvements
- Kitchen improvements
- Painting, both inside and out
- Drywall work, minor and major repairs
- General plumbing and electrical, where allowed by law
- Floor installation and refurbishing
- Familiar with building codes
Benefits & Pay
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $75,000 and is dependent upon your experience as a professional handyman as well as your experience with other home repair and maintenance projects such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and drywall.
- Company Vehicle
- Health insurance, dental, and vision plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Pay
We know we presented a lot to you here and that’s because we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, apply today. If you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: PDX_MHOGGR_07011B77-9A51-4942-8B2E-30B9FA83D553_22037749